Does your home need a face lift? Is it feeling tired but you’re not ready to take the leap towards investing in a complete renovation?
Here are a few ideas to help you get started in freshening up your home with the things you already own.
- Consider bringing in items from another room in the house. For instance, the mirror above was brought into the dining room but then repainted with a silver finish to match its new surroundings.
2. Update old pieces. The small desk and desk chair were old pieces that were brought into the bedroom and then the chair was recovered to blend with the new color scheme.
This chair was also recovered to match the new bedroom and the side table was a vintage piece that was refinished with a fun pop of teal to add more color interest to the room.
3. Bring in something contemporary to immediately freshen up and modernize the space. For example, the large abstract artwork on the back wall blends with the color scheme and helps the more traditional southern room feel new and fresh. The ceiling fan and light fixtures are also contemporary touches to the space to keep it from looking dated.
4. Don’t be afraid to rearrange furniture.
5. Consider adding a fresh coat of paint. It’s amazing how much a newly painted room can change the look in a home.
Want an easier way to freshen up your home? Call me and talk to me about the Decorating Walk thru service that I offer. It is one of my more popular services and I am the ONLY interior designer in Columbia to offer it.
Here’s what clients are saying about the Decorating Walk-Thru:
“I didn’t know where to start in updating our home’s decor. Amy’s recommendations for fabrics, paint colors, furniture arrangement, and so much more, were just what I needed. I’m looking forward to implementing her suggestions. I highly recommend Amy!”-June Plowden
Call today at: 803-414-2573